Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Going Domestic!

Well there are no more episodes of Call The Midwife to watch :( and before I start onto the latest season of Downtown Abbey I thought I better get onto some much needed housework. Not the everyday cleaning like dishes, laundry etc but the nitty gritty stuff.....Gritty like my microwave which I'm starting to think has developed its own ecosystem! Its funny how you can use something everyday without really looking at it. How much are we really missing in our everyday lives? But after really seeing what was inside that machine I'm starting to think I was better off ignoring it!




So I could just use my good old elbow grease but surely there is something new and exciting that can help me cut away the time needed to tackle such a job! Which led me to google "how to clean your microwave" which led me to some YouTube clips and YES there are videos for everything these days! And turns out the best way to clean a microwave is with vinegar! Just your everyday vinegar that is always in the back of the cupboard for no real reason at all, cant remember the last time I actually used vinegar in cooking.....What do you use white vinegar for anyway?

Here are the instructions: Clean the microwave by mixing 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar and 1/2 cup water in a microwave-safe bowl. Bring it to a rolling boil inside the microwave. Baked-on food will be loosened, and odors will disappear. Wipe clean.

Here goes nothing......




The smell wafting through the house right now is really disgusting but that's my own fault for leaving it so long between cleans, its a mix of vinegar and leftovers haha But other than the smell it really did work wonders! All I had to do was grab a paper towel and wipe the crap away. So much easier than scrubbing away for hours and much better for you than using chemicals.

I must say I am pleasantly surprised in the effectiveness of good old vinegar. I will be looking into other cleaning techniques which use safer alternatives to chemicals and are just as good. 

YES, I know this is a very boring post but you will be thanking Miss Dolly one day when you have a microwave as disgusting as mine!

Let me know if you have some other cleaning tips!

Miss Dolly Bow Peep xxooxx

No comments:

Post a Comment